What We Do
Lawton Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation promotes the Lawton Fort Sill community, businesses, workforce training, academic and lifestyle strengths worldwide to attract the world’s finest companies, entrepreneurs and professional talent. Ultimately, the Corporation’s goal is to strengthen regional employment, build a base of high-value industries, and significantly improve the economic future for all who live and work in the region.
Lawton Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit Corporation supported and led by the community's business leaders, city government, and top academic institutions. We collaborate closely with other entities throughout the Lawton/Southwest Oklahoma region and the State to ensure a globally competitive, sustainable regional economy through quality job creation. We consistently “joint-venture” with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce in pursuit of job development.
Lawton Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation's mission is to drive and ensure economic growth by recruiting and creating high-quality jobs to the Lawton area. This includes attracting new capital investment, retaining and expanding existing business and industries with a focus on high technology industries.
The Lawton Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation (Lawton EDC) promotes and supports the greater Lawton, Oklahoma region, as a world-class center of commerce and trade for Oklahoma. The Lawton EDC provides a wide array of information and free confidential services to assist industries and international businesses to locate or expand operations in the Lawton region. Some of these services include:
1) Economic development project management - from start to finish.
2) Marketing the Greater Lawton Region to attract prospective employers, funding, and investors to the region from the public and private sectors.
3) Provide custom demographic research and economic impact analysis (REMI).
4) Provide building and site location inventory.
5) Real estate analysis and market research, including site selection for builders and developers and a unique database of available inventory.
6) Facilitate in the design, application and implementation of State and local incentives.
7) Provide direct access to financial services.
8) Coordinate the design and implantation of customized business and industry training.
9) Provide local government relation services to new industries.
10) Industrial Development Agency liaison.
11) Community Economic Development Planning.
The Lawton-Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation has developed new partnerships with Lawton’s community leaders and organizations to design and embrace new community initiatives. These economic development initiatives will be focal points to ensure that Lawton Oklahoma becomes one of the most advanced cities in the country and acknowledged in the global marketplace.
1) Establish the Lawton-Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation as the “one-stop” agency for all economic development services in the greater Lawton region.
2) Recruit targeted industries/businesses and work to diversify Lawton’s economic base while preserving the core industry base.
3) Design and develop new tools and strategies to enhance the community’s economic development image.
4) Develop the community’s capacity for new and sustained economic growth.
5) Globally escalate the awareness of Lawton’s education assets and capabilities.
6) Identify issues that may limit our economic development and coordinate with community organizations to eliminate those issues.
7) Develop processes of communication and education of economic development.
8) Support efforts to ensure there is adequate quality and quantity of workforce to meet employer needs.
Meet Some of Our Partners
Public Service Company is an electric company owned by American Electric Power. PSO delivers electricity for some of the lowest prices in the region and is lower than the national average.
CenterPoint Energy is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission and distribution, natural gas distribution and competitive natural gas sales and services.
Whether you shop BillingsleyFord.com or visit one of our four retail locations, you will find that the Billingsley family has been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service.
Cameron University, located in the heart of Lawton, is the University of Choice for the Educational, Cultural, and Economic Advancement of Southwest Oklahoma region.
EZ GO operates convenience stores and travel centers in Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska. Our people are the best and their effort shows in our clean and bright stores.
Ron Nance's The Oaks Development Company is Lawton's premier residential developer/builder. We offer luxury homes ranging from 2,000 sq.ft. to custom-built estate homes.
We Are Lawton EDC
Bradley N. Cooksey, President, LEDC
Brad Cooksey is the President of the Lawton Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation. Prior to joining LED, he worked in commercial real estate for Insight Commercial Real Estate Brokerage. During his tenure with Insight, Mr. Cooksey procured new tenants for a portfolio of commercial properties that would bolster the growth of the Lawton-Fort Sill Community. Mr. Cooksey also has a background in Commercial Insurance working for J.T. Neal Insurance Agency, Inc. and Wilcox & McGrath. Mr. Cooksey began his professional career as a teacher and high school coach at Eisenhower High School. He is a native Lawtonian who has spent his 19 year career in roles focused on strengthening his community. Mr. Cooksey is the son of the late Mildred and Johnny Cooksey. He graduated from Cameron University with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Science with a Minor in Mathematics. Mr. Cooksey attended Cameron University on a full scholarship for the Mens’ Basketball team. Mr. Cooksey has served the Lawton Fort Sill area in his community involvement, as well. He has served as the President of the Lawton Public School Foundation, member of the Spirit of Survival Marathon Committee, Chamber of Commerce Board Member, Ambucs, Board Member of Cameron University Foundation, and Leadership of Lawton. Mr. Cooksey and his wife, Karen, reside in Lawton where they are raising their boys, Carson and Colin. Mr. Cooksey continues to remain committed to the Lawton-Fort Sill Community and working to ensure it continues to thrive and prosper.
Board of Directors LEDC
Mr. Philip D. Kennedy
Mr. Ron Nance
Mr. Paul Ellwanger
Mr. Arthur Patrick
Dr. John MacArthur
Mr. Clarence Fortney
Mr. Joe Gallagher
Brenda Spencer Ragland