Now Hiring - Operations and Projects Manager
July 13, 2023
Lawton Economic Development Corporation is hiring an Operations and Projects Manager.
Under general direction of the President of the Lawton-Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation (LEDC), the Operations and Special Projects Manager assists as the technical person involved in all phases of economic development, planning, marketing, and research activities directed toward growing existing businesses, creating new employment opportunities, and broadening the industrial, and commercial base. Responsibilities will include assigned economic development projects and programs, developing, and maintaining economic development relationships and participating in marketing, research, and strategic planning to meet economic development goals.
- Respond to all inquiries from the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, company officials, site consultants and any other person who is in need of information on Lawton, SW Rail Industrial Park, other available properties or buildings and all services provided by LEDC.
- Respond to all Request for Proposal (RFP’s) that are submitted to LEDC. Insure timely distribution to Partners (Utilities, City of Lawton and other entities) if they are needed in the response process.
- Submit a completed RFP on time and in a professional manner.
- Collect, analyze, and maintain data on economic, demographic, land use, and other elements to conduct economic development activities.
- Perform assigned economic development projects and programs to develop, implement and support broadening of the industrial, and commercial base of the City.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, marketing, and revitalization plans.
- Recommend policies, plans, standard operating procedures, requirements, and instructions to the President that result in achievement of a successful economic development program.
- Prepare and submit all required reports regarding issues, projects, and activities related to economic development including reports required on behalf of LEDC and the LEDC Board of Directors.
- Determine and accomplish significant work elements or project tasks necessary to achieve goals and objectives for all assigned special projects.
- Perform, analyze, evaluate, and present research on economic, social and physical factors necessary for LEDC projects.
- Maintain productive working relationships with existing property and business owners, local, county, state and federal government officials, utility companies, and economic development professionals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the LEDC.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Economic Development, Economics, Business Administration, Planning, or related field or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Bachelor’s Degree (PREFERRED) – Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible economic development experience, commercial real estate, or business management experience. A master’s degree in economic development will be considered as satisfying requirements toward the minimum experience.
Training and experience related to economic development may be determined to meet minimum requirements, at the discretion of LEDC President, when warranted. A continuing program of training and skill development shall be documented in these cases.
Maintenance of a current, valid, State of Oklahoma Driver License and valid automobile insurance.
Special Position Requirements
The position will require occasional work outside of regular office hours with no prior notice. The position may require some travel.
Preference will be given to individuals that have Certified Economic Developer credentials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the operational characteristics, services, and activities of highly successful economic development organizations.
- Superior research skills as required to conduct the business of the LEDC.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work cohesively with a community economic development team to maximize the use of all relevant local resources.
- Ability to oversee and manage specially assigned projects.
- Ability to design technically complex visual aids and marketing pieces including but not limited to; presentations, reports, social media, and website updates.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, project consequences, and propose implementation plans.
- Proven record of excellent customer service and cooperative spirit.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The search will remain open until filled or closed, but all applications will receive full consideration.